- Place your heel directly under your knee, knee over ankle.
- From Downward Facing Dog, step the right foot forward inside of the right hand. Front foot points straight forward.
- Align your front knee above the ankle. If the right hip is above the knee, take a longer stance by stepping the back foot back until the front thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Come to your fingertips. Lift your back thigh so your heel is vertical to the floor.
- Draw your right hip joint away from your right ear. Isometrically scissoor both thighs towards one another. Keep the back leg strong.
- Extend your sternum towards the top of the mat.
- Stay and breathe.
- To come out. Look to the floor. Place your hands flat. Step back to Downdog.
Repeat on the second side.
- Lift and spread your toes, press down through both leg strongly and feel the hips square symmetrically. Find more space in this scissoring action.